Today’s conversation is a special one for me. Corey Linsley of the Green Bay Packers joins us. Corey and I first met during his junior year at Ohio State when I was guest lecturing a class where Corey was a student. Corey is mature, curious, confident, well thought out, and an incredibly hard worker—which has served him well and allowed him to become a successful professional football player.
Corey talks about his journey as an athlete from Ohio State playing for Coach Meyer and now playing for Green Bay. I have said it before, Corey is someone I want our son Quinn to look up to as he truly represents all the right things about athletics. It’s a fun discussion and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Let’s jump in.
- [03:15] Who is Corey Linsley?
- [04:20] Coaching change in the middle of Corey’s college career
- [06:55] Balancing athletics and academics
- [12:30] How to be a big time college athlete, now NFL player, and still keep focus on the future after sports
- [15:50] What was draft day like?
- [18:45] Dealing with and overcoming injuries
- [22:30] The importance of team camaraderie during an injury
- [24:45] The identity of an athlete
- [26:50] What’s next after Corey’s NFL career?
- [39:40] Highlights of Corey’s student-athlete journey
- [48:35] Corey gives advice to his 19 year old self
Next Play Episode 3 | Corey Linsley on how to succeed as a student-athlete
Next Play is available on iTunes, Youtube and the Google Play store.