In today’s session, Erica hosts Davis Tarwater. Davis is a business owner, entrepreneur, former professional swimmer, 2012 Olympic gold medalist, University of Michigan alumni, and 13 time All American among other outstanding achievements. Let’s jump in.
- [01:55] About Davis
- [10:30] Understanding athletic identity and overcoming expectations
- [12:00] Finding balance between life and sports
- [19:30] Post Olympic Games transition away from sport
- [22:35] Dealing with life’s inflection points
- [25:00] The importance of investing in your network
- [30:40] Applying transferable skills to life after sport
- [33:00] About Davis’s post-sport career
Subscribe to the Next Play Podcast on iTunes or Google Play!