Today’s guest is Brandon Sneed, well regarded industry journalist for The Bleacher Report and author of Head in the Game: The Mental Engineering of the World’s Greatest Athletes.
Brandon is also a resident of Greenville, NC. That’s right, all roads truly do go through Greenville, NC. I have gotten to know Brandon over the past few months and am eager to share a wonderful discussion on a very critical and relevant topic to all athletes-mental health. Let’s hop in.
- [02:30] Brandon’s experiences as a collegiate baseball player
- [04:45] Brandon’s mental health diagnosis
- [06:00] How Brandon got into journalism
- [07:35] Discussion of Head in the Game: The Mental Engineering of the World’s Greatest Athletes
- [12:00] Normalizing the topic of mental health
- [15:45] Opportunities for college athletics to address student-athlete mental health challenges
- [30:30] The role of virtual reality/technology in college athletics
- [35:00] Changing the perception of mental health challenges