In today’s session, Erica hosts Patti Phillips. Patti is the CEO of Women Leaders in College Sports, formerly NACWAA. In this conversation, they discuss the rebranding of NACWAA to Women Leaders In College Sports, the importance of having women in leadership roles in college athletics, changing industry norms, and helping women grow confidence and realize potential. To view Patti’s TedTalk, Zone of Possibility, click here. Let’s jump in.
- [02:30] Rebranding of NACWAA
- [06:00] Mission of Women Leaders in College Sports
- [10:05] The Importance of Women in Leadership Roles
- [14:30] Preparing Women to Take on Leadership Positions
- [19:45] Opportunities for Women in College Sports
- [23:20] Educating and Empowering a Younger Generation
- [24:00] What to Expect in the Next Five Years
- [26:25] Changing the Conversation
- [28:46] Growing Confidence and Realizing Potential
Next Play Ep. 13 | Patti Phillips, CEO of Women Leaders in College Sports, on the Importance of Women in Leadership Roles in College Athletics and Empowering Women to Realize Potential
Subscribe to the Next Play Podcast on iTunes or Google Play!