Game Plan is seeking an energetic and determined Senior Customer Success Manager for our professional sports division who is passionate about helping professional sports organizations maximize the engagement and education of their athletes through the Game Plan platform. This position will be in our headquarters in Greenville, NC 2-3 days a week and can work remotely for the other days.
In this position you’ll be responsible for the entire customer experience, from onboarding to renewal. You will work with our professional athletics partners such as the NFL, NBA, NHL and their individual teams.
In this position, you will be the main point of contact for clients in regards to implementation, best practices, product expansion, and more. If you are a former collegiate and/or professional athlete that is passionate about building lasting relationships with our clients and helping them serve athletes across their entire journey, this opportunity is made for you!
What You’ll Do
- Be the point person for Game Plan customers in our professional sports division – helping them implement, grow, and measure their success with our platform.
- Become an expert in our software, as well as best practices around the athlete development industry, in order to best assist our partners.
- Manage training, support, and implementation of staff at partner organization.
- Collaborate with customers by phone, email, and in-person meetings to assist with questions, provide support, and identify opportunities for growth.
- Ensure high engagement and usage rates across the Game Plan platform.
- Manage renewal of customer agreements.
- Work with customers to identify opportunities for increased engagement through the Game Plan platform.
- Report customer feedback to product team to assist in product development.
- Help sales team by providing case studies, best practices, and customer referrals.
- Work together with Customer Success team to ensure the best possible service to our partners.
What We Are Looking For
- Former collegiate and/or professional athlete (preferred)
- Minimum of 3-year experience in a customer-facing position. Experience in the sports industry is preferred.
- Experience in managing and selling to sports organizations is preferred.
- Passionate about the field of athlete development and helping others best support their athletes across their entire journey.
- Proactive problem-solver that will go above and beyond to ensure the success of their clients.
- Open-minded individual that is open to trying new approaches and adapting to changes in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Strong communicator that is comfortable in interacting with clients via email, phone, and in-person.
- Team player who wants to contribute to and collaborate with other members of our Customer Success team.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several different projects simultaneously while keeping a positive mindset.
- Big-picture thinker who is willing to share his/her thoughts on product development, best practices, and overall direction of our company.
This position will report to: Director of Customer Success
Benefits of Working at Game Plan
- Competitive health care benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Frequent team outings to local restaurants, breweries, and sporting events
- Ability to work with leading minds in athlete development on a daily basis
Interested? Here’s How to Apply
Interested candidates will apply at: https://wearegameplan.freshteam.com/jobs/hOGWCucntQZC/tbd
What to expect from the interview process:
Phone Screen with Game Plan: After reviewing your application materials, we will schedule a 30-minute phone screen with you. The goal of this call is to learn more about you, answer questions about the position and company, and see if you would be a possible fit.
Interview with Director of Customer Success: In this stage, you will meet with Game Plan’s Director of Customer Success to walk through specific requirements of the position, your fit within the customer success team, as well as expectations of being a Customer Success Manager at Game Plan.
Game Plan Team Interview: In this interview, you will speak to both Game Plan’s Customer Success and Leadership Team. During this call, we will dive deeper into responsibilities, challenges, and your fit within our organization.
In-person interview at our office: You will be invited to our headquarters in Greenville, NC. During this time you will get to meet multiple Game Plan team members, including our CEO, and spend time in our office to see if you could see yourself working at Game Plan and living in Greenville.
Offer: This is the exciting part! At this point, we would send you an offer and review compensation, benefits, starting date, etc.
About Game Plan
At Game Plan, our mission is simple—to support 100% of athletes through 100% of their journey. Since 2008, we’ve equipped athletics organizations of all sizes with the online tools they need to efficiently deliver world-class athlete development programs in a way that’s more accessible and promotes engagement.
We work with 150+ athletics organizations to help them deliver online education (including topics such as financial literacy, diversity & inclusion, sexual assault prevention, sports wagering prevention, professional development and many more), mentorship and career services to over 75,000 athletes at all levels.
For an athletics organization, offering comprehensive athlete development programs is an important point of differentiation in the eyes of prospective recruits. Today, top athletes are seeking out athletics organizations that are willing to invest in their development beyond their time in competitive athletics—including mentorship programs and a clear path to a fulfilling career and life after sport.
Game Plan helps athletics organizations of all sizes over-deliver on this commitment to comprehensive athlete development—helping to save their staff and student-athletes time, enhance their brand and attract more, high-caliber athletes.
To learn more visit wearegameplan.com.