Today marks the start of this year’s N4A Convention hosted by the National Association of Academic Advisors for Athletics (N4A). Meeting up in Orlando, FL, over 1,000 college athletic professionals will be in attendance to engage in discussions around the industry’s toughest topics and newest ideas on improving the student-athlete experience.
For the 7th year in a row, Game Plan is a sponsor of the N4A. At our booth we’ll be hosting live product demonstrations and sharing more about the upcoming product developments for mentorship and alumni programming.
We’re also scheduling demos with a new strategic partner of ours, EverFi. EverFi provides the first is a fully-digital and easily scalable prevention and wellness program for student-athletes (i.e. sexual assault and violence prevention, alcohol awareness, etc.). EverFi maintains prevention-based partnerships with 1,800 colleges and universities and is able to show you live demos of its programs.
In addition, Game Plan CEO & founder, Vin McCaffrey speak on various topics on student-athlete development and revenue generation with some of our customers throughout the conference. They are sure to be great discussions so be sure to stop by and say hello.
This year’s N4A agenda is loaded with top industry professionals who will be hitting on the hot topics that all athletic departments are thinking about. With so many speakers and so little time, we wanted to share a few that caught our eye to check out during Convention.
Thursday, June 8
- Opening Speaker: Sean Covey, EVP of Global Solutions and Partnerships, FranklinCovey
Friday, June 9
- Senior Level Administration: A Juggling Act: Jean Boyd, Patrice Feulner, Ursula Gurney, Jim Pignataro, Christina Rivera (Director Track)
- A Degree Completion Initiative: Preparing Student-Athletes for Graduation and Life After: Genese Lavalais, Tiese Roxbury (Student-Athlete Development Track)
- Mental Health First Aid: Salatha Willis, Aracely DeRose, Elizabeth Perez (Student-Athlete Welfare/Mental Health Track)
- A Guide to Building Better Relationships with Coaches through Clear Communication: German Bello, Drew Clinton, Derek Cowherd, Walt Holiday, Christine Jackson (Director Track)
- Town Hall Topic 6 – Evolving Student-Athlete Career Development: Kim Durand, Vin McCaffrey
Saturday, June 10
- NCAA Update: Sports Science Institute/Leadership Development/Academic and Membership Affairs: Jean Boyd, Eric Brey, Justin Paysinger, Mary Wilfert (General Session)
- This is a Man’s World: Women Shattering the Glass Ceiling of Leadership Roles in Male Dominated Sports: Felicia Bergman, Natasha Criss, Emily DeRatt, Elysa Newman, Dixie Wingler (New Professionals Track)
- Closing the Loop: Blending the Future, Present Past While Generating those $$$: Lindsey Goodman, Kimya Massey, Vin McCaffrey (Student-Athlete Development Track)
- Intra-Conference Collaboration – B1G Student-Athlete Development Administrators: Kara Park, Sue Sherburne, Shawn Tucker, Bridget Woodruff (Student-Athlete Development Track)
- The Conversation Continues with Diversity, Inclusion and Higher Education: Jess Duff, Stan Johnson, Kenneth Miles, Caylin Moore, Sonja Robinson, Richard Zhu (General Session)
If you’ll be there, contact us to let us know or schedule a demo. We’d love to meet with you!
Hope to see you in Orlando!