Welcome to the Next Play Podcast Series brought to you by Game Plan – my name is Vin McCaffrey.
Awesome session today – Mr. Jean Boyd from Arizona State is joining us. Jean is a leader at ASU and a leader in the industry. Jean’s the guy represents all the right things about college athletics – a great teacher.
JB dives into his personal journey and we spend a good amount of time talking about the shift from his one on one student-athlete focus many moons ago to building systems to ensure every one of his athletes are engaged. It’s incredibly insightful and a must listen for individuals going through their planning process right now for next fall’s student-athlete development programs.
Without further ado…Let’s jump in.
- [02:30] Jean’s Background
- [05:20] Transition from Sport to Career
- [11:15] Finding Passion for Student Success
- [26:30] Evolution of Student-Athlete Development Metrics
- [30:00] Major Changes in the Industry
- [47:30] Bridging the Communication Gap
- [54:26] Creating Systems
- [57:30] What’s Next for the Industry
Next Play Ep. 18 | Jean Boyd of Arizona State University on the Transition from Sport to Career, Finding Passion for Student Success, and Transforming the Student-Athlete Development Industry
Subscribe to the Next Play Podcast on iTunes or Google Play!